Angle iron is widely used in building structure and engineering structure, such as house beam, bridge, power transmission tower, hoisting and conveying machinery, ships, industrial furnace, reaction tower, container frame, cable duct support, power piping, bus bracket installation, as well as the warehouse shelves and so on.
Angle iron is mainly divided into two categories, equal angle iron and unequal angle iron, and the unequal angle iron can be divided into equal thickness and unequal thickness. Photos can be seen in the website Steelfromchina.com.
In order to extend span of service life, there is another angle steel named galvanized angle iron. The advantages of galvanized angle iron are as follows:
1. Low processing costs: the cost of the hot-dip galvanized anti-rust coating is lower than any other paint Coating;
2. Durability: hot-dip galvanized angle iron has the properties of glossy surface, uniform zinc layer, no skipping plate, strong adhesion and strong corrosion resistance. In the suburban environment, standard hot-dip galvanized thickness can keep for 50 years without repair; In urban areas or offshore areas, the standard hot-dip galvanized layer can keep 20 years without repair;
3. Good reliability, the galvanized layer is metallurgical combined with steel, which become a part of the steel surface, thus, the durability of the galvanized coating is more reliable;
4. The high toughness of the galvanized coating: the galvanized layer can form a kind of special metallurgical structure which can bear the mechanical damage when in transporting and using;
5. Comprehensive protection: each section of the work piece can be plated with zinc, even in the cavity, sharp corners and hidden place;
6. Time-saving and labor-saving: the galvanizing process is faster than other coating construction method, and this can save the time for painting after installation on site.